According to the World Health Organisation obesity has doubled since 1980.
In 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight.
Of these over 600 million were obese.
Cardiovascular diseases, which were the leading cause of death in 2012, as well as diabetes, musculoskeletal disorders and some cancers have been directly linked to obesity.
With obesity now effecting more than 1/3 of our population in the US, sales of “Get Slim Quick” pills and fad diets are skyrocketing as people rush to try anything to lose excess weight. However although often diet pills and eating plans may lead to some short term success, many are not seeing any long term sustainable health benefits.
Have you ever committed to a weight loss regime, followed each step accordingly, ate all the correct food an even exercised at least 3 days a week?
What could be stalling your fat loss?
The “calories in calories out” model is truly outdated because it lacks the notion to include numerous variables that can hinder weight loss. As a busy High Performer, you may find yourself following numerous health plans and not see any real results. If so, you may be suffering from Weight loss Resistance.
Our goal at Designer Health Centers is to undercover the underlying causes of conditions that may be leading to weight loss resistance. As with any disease systematic imbalances may be contributing to your weight loss resistance. Things such as antibiotics, pesticides, chronic inflammation, and the denaturing of food are some common attributers to these imbalances.
These imbalances include:
- Hormonal imbalance – Hormonal imbalances may cause an over production of growth hormones.
- Thyroid imbalance – Depleted thyroid hormones causes key chemical messengers to disrupt our eating behavior. These changes can increase cravings, inhibit the sensation of fullness, increase fatigue and lead to weight gain.
- Adrenal imbalance – With increased stress or anxiety, adrenal glands release cortisol and adrenaline to mobilize quick energy. Long-term stress causes your body to hang on to every calorie it can in preparation for crisis.
- Neurotransmitter imbalance – When neurotransmitters are out of whack, such as Serotonin, intense carbohydrate and sugar cravings are the result. These cravings are an attempt by your body to rebalance itself because carbohydrates aid in the body’s production of serotonin
Do I suffer from Weight Loss Resistance?
There are a number of lifestyle and health factors that may be connected to the issue of weight loss resistance. Such as gastrointestinal disorders and fatigue.
According to the American Psychological Association 51% of High Performers experience fatigue. This number however may be skewed due to many High Performing individuals not knowing what Superhuman energy actually really even feels like.
You might actually be unaware that you are moderately fatigued! You have just never realized how good you could feel. You are yet to experience superhuman energy!
Have you experienced any of these symptoms of weight loss resistance?
- Digestive issues, usually after a meal
- Irregular bowel movements
- Increased stress or anxiety
- Decreased energy
- Lack of sleep
- Trouble losing weight
As a busy high performer these symptoms could be effecting your business and hindering your success!
So How do we reverse Weight Loss Resistance?
When we find the underlying causes we can then create sustainable solutions. Which will then lead to Superhuman health. If you are a High Performer and have been struggling to lose weight, it is time to have a look at your body at the cellular level to see what could be hindering your weight loss success. These are some of the things we work through to really get a specific idea of what is affecting your body and are able to put together a customised plan, just for you.
- Advanced Comprehensive Labs that looks at your body at a cellular level
- Remove toxins and bacterial overgrowth from your system
- Restore intestinal flora
- Restore body back to homeostasis.
Designer Health Centers can help you get to the bottom of your gastrointestinal disorders and fatigue and we will give you a customized approach to get your body to Superhuman! As a High Performer it is very important to combat obesity, increase your productivity, decrease fatigue, skyrocket energy and ultimately increase your profit! To learn more click here.
So what are some things I can Start doing Today?
Although a customised solution can really get to the bottom of whats going on with your body there are some things you can start to do today that will get you going in the right direction towards better health and higher energy levels. I challenge you to try out some of the recommendations below this week!
- Drink more water – Even mild dehydration can start to affect you mood, your energy levels and can start to make your body think that’s its hungry or cause cravings.Keep a drink bottle with you during the day so you can make sure you are drinking enough water to keep your energy levels super high.
- For the next week reduce (or completely remove if possible) ALL toxic and rancid fats (think roasted nuts, vegetable oil, canola oil and oils that were heavily processed or heated on high on the stovetop (unless it was coconut oil), highly processed carbs and sugar.
- Eat lots of healthy fats (think avocados, chia seeds, hemp seeds, raw nuts, grass fed butter, grass fed ghee, tallow or lard from grass fed animals, bone broth soup, healthy free range meats and fresh water fish) and lots of high fiber nutrients (think vegetables and berries).
- Take some deep breaths throughout your day – Deep breathing triggers the bodies natural relaxation response and has been scientifically proven to affect the heart, the brain, digestion, the immune system — and maybe even the expression of genes. Stress levels have been shown to affect the way your body holds on to fat and so taking a few minutes to breathe deeply throughout the day can help.
- Get more sleep – Getting enough sleep has massive impacts on your body. Not getting enough quality sleep can cause food cravings and other health issues so its really important to prioritise. To find out more check out our article on sleep here.
Think you would like to find out more about a customised look at what might be causing your body to hold on to more weight than you would like? Click here to find out more information about our consultations.